Over the past few months, I’ve been busy saying my goodbyes to the city I called home and packing up my life in Düsseldorf ready for the next chapter of my life in Asia. I’ve been so busy that despite a huge amount of prospective material, I’ve done absolutely no writing whatsoever and nowhere near as much planning for my trip as I’d have liked, especially when it comes to the colossus that is India! In contrast to how meticulously I went about planning Sri Lanka - having almost every day planned out - India will be much less planned and much more flexible: so far I’ve only booked a week in a beach hut in Palolem and five days in a hostel in Varanasi over Diwali, the festival of lights which I cannot wait for! Other than that I know roughly where I want to go and what I want to see, but I’m hoping to find my inner hippy spirit and just meet people along the way and see where I land!
I also took the plunge and bought my first ever DSLR! I am by no means a photographer, but am starting to get to grips with it and can't wait to get to use it properly on my travels.. if anyone has tips for an absolutely useless photographer, pleeease help me!

My current route for India (ish) is:

Kochi – Mysore – Hampi – Goa – Mumbai – Udaipur – Jodphur – Jaisalmer – Jaipur – Agra – Varanasi – Delhi

It seems weird to go back on myself to Delhi but that’s where I’ll catch my flight to my next stop which will be...the golden land of temples Myanmar!


Does anyone have any great experiences of India or trips for a first timer like me?! Feel free to comment below!