I've heard all good things begin with a good introduction, so here goes!


My name is Amy, I'm 24 years old and originally from England.
I graduated from Warwick University with a degree in English Literature and German in 2012 and I've been living and working in Germany ever since.

Although I've visited places, I've never been truly 'travelling'. The most time I've spent with a backpack is 5 days at Glastonbury, after which I relished my own bed, hot shower and a cup of Yorkshire Tea.
I am accustomed to material possessions and am a creature of comfort - warm clothes, double duvets and endless cups of tea.

As of August this year, I am upping sticks and fulfilling a lifelong ambition to see the world. At the moment, I'm in the initial stages of planning and figuring out the wheres, whens and hows of my journey, but all that I know is that my life is about to change in a big way and I hope to be able to document it here, whilst gaining tips, encouragement and maybe even a travel buddy or two.

Over the next few months, posts won't be as often, but as my plan comes more and more together, the more frequently I'll be writing.

I hope you are able somehow to follow my journey, smile at my highs and (probably) laugh at my lows, knowing that I'll come out of the other side stronger.

Feel free to follow, comment and get in touch!

Amy x